Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A day off...

Today is my second day off of work after 8 straight days of a crazy beginning of the month at good ol' Walgreens. For those of you who don't know, the very end and the very beginning of the month is usually much busier in the world of pharmacy. I guess it is due to people getting their paychecks and that a lot of people prefer to begin their newest "fill" at the beginning of every month. This month was no different except that I was scheduled to work my "every third weekend". I worked 8 straight days without a break and by Monday evening, I was exhausted. Tuesday consisted of sleeping until almost 11 ;) It was grand! I ate a somewhat early lunch at about 11:30am then quickly got ready. This "getting ready" consisted of putting my hair up into a ponytail, applying a minimal amount of makeup, and throwing on a pair of holy jeans and a t-shirt - and when I say "holy" I don't mean that there are bible verses written on the pockets. I went out and rounded up our 2 dogs, BooBoo and Chief, loaded them into the car-windows down, and drove to a nearby park. This park consists of a walking track, 2 somewhat neglected softball fields, a playground, and a creek. BooBoo isn't always friendly to other canines so we usually keep her on a leash while Chief chases his beloved tennis ball all over field. After chasing it a while, Chief decided he was ready to go swimming whether BooBoo and I were or not. Next thing I know, he is high-tailing it -literally- out the opened gate to the creek. Good thing no one was around because that boy isn't afraid of knocking people over to go swimming. BooBoo and I slowly made our way over there to find him running around in the higher than usual water with his tennis ball in his mouth. There was very few people at the park in the middle of the day so I figured Morgyn would be okay off leash. They romped and wrestled in the water for what seemed like hours. It is always so funny to watch them. I love having labs because of their love for the water and to play. BooBoo isn't much of a retriever :) but if you put water in front of her, she loses her cool and dives right in...sometimes literally. And thrown a water-logged stick in the water to Chief and he will literally scoobadive for it. He has gone under water for 5-10 seconds at a time before looking for a stick. They are crazy! And good training for children I might add. 

Here's a shot of Chief and Morgyn swimming at the park.

BooBoo doesn't see the point in chasing that stupid green ball.

I didn't have a picture of him with his ball at the park but this is his chewed-in-half tennis ball that he carries around the yard all day long.

All this park talk is making me want to go today. Guess I better get ready so I can go. Hopefully no one is there again today.