Monday, April 11, 2011

Thanksgiving....in April?

A little over 7 months ago, I married my best friend. We have only known each other for a year and 7 months but I knew very soon after our first meeting that he was who I was going to spend my forever with. When Zach came into my life, he introduced a part of life that I had never experienced before. Our love, our bond, our friendship, is like nothing I have ever felt or knew I could feel. He is my soul, my life, my strength, my one true love.

I love to look at our wedding pictures and remember all of the events leading up to that day. It was a somewhat bitter sweet day. Our engagement was pretty rough. About 2 weeks after we got engaged, Zach moved to Kansas City, Kansas for his new job and was there during our entire engagement. We sometimes went just weeks without seeing each other and once or twice, we went multiple months without seeing each other. Four months before our wedding day, I lost one of my sweet, sweet bridesmaids, Katie Elizabeth Hill. Then, less than 1 week before our wedding day, my sweet PawPaw went to be with the Lord. Our wedding day itself didn't go so smoothly either. I got my hair done in Hoover that morning and the appointment ran later than expected. I still had to go home and finish packing my stuff to send to Kansas City so I had to leave Mom and let Dad come pick her up. Once we got to Rosewood, pictures went smoothly but shortly before the wedding was to begin, a downpour ascended. The power went out for about an hour. I had a surprise solo planned but was to play with an electric keyboard. Acapella may not have sounded so nice ;) The power outage knocked out that A/C so everyone was either drenched in rain or sweat. Somehow with all of that craziness, I remained calm during the whole thing. August 28, 2010 I was marrying my best friend and I didn't care if the whole place blew away, as long as we had "our papers".

I don't want people to think that I am saying all of this to make people feel sorry for us. That's not it AT ALL. I just wanted to give those of you who don't know our story a little background on us. Everything that has happened to us and/or the people around us has made our relationship so much stronger. The motto that got me thru those times was "The Lord wouldn't put us thru it if he didn't know we could handle it." Another similar saying I love is "The Lord won't bring you to it if he doesn't intend on bringing you through it."

After Zach living in Kansas City for a year and me living there for about 5 months, we are so happy and blessed to back with family. Here are just a few pictures from our wedding that always make me smile and remember just how magical that day was.

One of my favs.

So handsome.

Another favorite.


Two amazing families come together as one.

Like kissing an angel.

All my girls...well almost.

Zach and his boys.

Our PERFECT ceremony.


Joined together forever in LOVE.