Sunday, September 27, 2015

35 Weeks!

I just can't believe we are already at 35 weeks. I think I say it every week but this pregnancy has absolutely flown by. I guess a combination of chasing the boys around all the time and not being as miserable as I was with my last pregnancy has just made it go by so fast. It feels like as soon as I post a weekly update I'm already getting ready to post the next one. Of course, when I don't update it until Wednesday, I guess that's to be expected.
I went through a period there for a little while where I was a little overwhelmed with knowing we were going to be adding a newborn to our family while we still have two "babies". I struggled with that for a while and can't help but feel a little guilty. But now, I am so beyond excited about adding this little guy to our family. I'm excited to have another itty bitty baby in the house. I'm excited to have another sweet boy to love with all of my heart. I'm excited to see Smith and Sanford be big brothers. I'm excited to see Zach hold a little squish. I'm excited for him to get peed on hahaha. I'm excited to breastfeed. I'm excited to just cuddle my baby boy as much as possible. I'm excited for him to actually let me since his big brothers won't sit still long enough to do much cuddling. Its definitely going to be a shock to them having to share Mommy and Daddy but I think they're going to be great. We've been talking about babies a lot and now every time they see a baby (or even a kid up to about the age of 7) on TV or the computer or even in a book, they say "bayyyy-beeeee!!!" They have grown up so much over the last couple of months. They're both so smart and they keep us laughing constantly. I hope and pray that I can be the mommy they need as well as the mommy that baby brother needs. Thankfully, at their age, I think they will be young enough to not really realize that Mommy is a little preoccupied with baby brother and will be okay with having someone else do a lot of the duties for the first few weeks. Life is definitely going to change a lot in the next month but we're all excited!

35 Weeks



How big is baby? BabyCenter says he is about 5lbs4oz and 18in long (about the size of a honeydew melon). As usual, I think its safe to say that he's probably bigger than that. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks. 

Total weight gain? I feel like my belly alone has gained 10lbs over the last week. I have a feeling I've probably put on a couple of pounds. 

What is baby up to? Moving around a lot. He's putting a lot of pressure on my bladder. Sometimes when I get up to go potty in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning, I literally have to carry my belly so that I don't feel like I'm going to pee on myself lol.

Started showing yet? A little. This morning when we went to the nursery after church to pick up the boys, the boys went two separate ways and since Zach loves to leave me to chase BOTH of them most of the time while he strolls towards the door, I decided today was a good time to let him chase both of them in opposite directions. So, while he wrangled them, I strolled leisurely down the hall. When I got to the end, I turned around to see if he had caught them yet and a woman said "you look like you're about to pop!" I smiled and said "No, I actually have another month." and she chuckled and said "Oh, no you don't." I wanted to say "I didn't realize you were a fortune teller." I just don't understand why people think it is okay to make a pregnant woman -who already feels like doodoo- feel like crap even more. I had already walked all over this huge church and my back and belly were killing me. I don't need you to tell me that I'm "huge" or "look like I'm about to pop". Believe me, my body tells me that enough. Stepping off my soapbox now.

Maternity clothes? Oh yea. And unfortunately they're not fitting any better than they have been. 

Stretch marks? Still don't think there's any new ones but honestly, I don't really pay any attention. Most women are freaking out about stretch marks but after having twins, its a lost cause. So, I'll just embrace mine.

Sleep? Other than having to get up to potty a couple of times a night, I've been sleeping pretty well. I've been waking up feeling pretty rested which is a nice change as well.

Best moment this week? This has been a pretty good week overall. Had a doctor appointment on Tuesday and we were only there for about 45 min (as opposed to 2 hours like the previous appointment), had my bi-weekly women's bible study on Thursday morning, got to walk around Target for about an hour and a half Thursday (although I only stayed that long because a monsoon rolled over and it was literally raining so hard I couldn't see my truck from the front door and I was parked in the closest parking spot). Thanks to my crafty sister-in-law and father-in-law we now have a beautiful hospital door hanger that I am literally obsessed with and can't wait to see in person! Between Mom and me, we got the fabric for the boys' Big/Little Brother shirts bought and I've been in full on nesting mode. My hospital bags are packed minus my last minute items such as my phone charger, makeup bag, etc. I got the car seat cover washed and put back on, I'm close to being done with the boys' brother gifts, I got the bassinets put on the pack-n-play so baby brother actually has somewhere to sleep when we come home, and I've just been doing random decluttering around the house. It feels so good to get things done. 

Miss anything? As usual, I'm missing my energy. This stupid SW Florida heat kills me. Just being outside for a few minutes about knocks me out sometimes lol. I'll be happy to see "winter". A high of lower than 90* and a low lower than 75* would be awesome right about now. We're actually having some cooler weather coming this week. The highest high is 89* and its even supposed to get down to 70* a few nights. Score!

Feeling movement yet? All. day. long. Oh, and all. night. long. This child is active. 

Food cravings? Easy stuff. If it takes a lot of effort, chances are I don't want it. Convenience is where it's at right now.

Food aversions? Mostly just trying to avoid stuff that will make my reflux worse. Other than that, nothing really grosses me out.

Symptoms? Just a lot of annoying pain. When I'm on my feet a lot, my back, hips, etc hurt pretty badly. I can also tell I'm beginning to retain more water so when I do a lot of walking or standing, my feet get a little puffy. Not so much that you can really tell by looking at them but I can definitely feel it. 

Anything making me queasy or nauseous? Not really. Just reflux. Mylanta is my friend.

Signs of labor? None thank The Lord. Praying this pregnancy echoes my last pregnancy and that I can make it to term.

Rings, on or off? The last couple of times I've tried to wear all three of my rings, my finger was too puffy so I had to settle for wearing just one. Stupid fluid retention. 

Mood? Its been pretty good I think. I've had a bit of an energy boost so that helps.

Looking forward to anything? Getting everything done and welcoming this sweet little angel into the family. Most people have trouble believing that they could love another child as much as their first. Lucky for us, we had two the first go 'round so we know that you can love your second (or third in our case) child just as much as your first. I'm so excited to meet this little guy but honestly, I'm not really in a hurry for this pregnancy to end. It has flown by so quickly and has been relatively easy. Pregnancy is such a cool thing and is so fleeting. I know it won't be long before I miss feeling these kicks and jabs in my ribs. So keep cooking little man. We're excited to meet you but take as long as you need.

35 Weeks (Twins) vs. 35 Weeks (Singleton)
Y'all, this belly needs its own zip code! I thought I was huge with the twins but the fact that I'm just as big this time with a singleton makes me say WHOA! Its crazy how different the size is effecting me this time. With the twins, it literally felt like the skin on my belly was ripping apart. It wasn't uncommon for me to be in tears because of it. This time, I don't have the ripping feeling so much as my back and belly just hurt all the time. My back is hating me for gaining 40lbs out front in just 8 months lol.


 34 Weeks vs. 35 Weeks