Tuesday, April 8, 2014

36 Weeks: 21 days or less!

Well, we've made it! At least now if I go into labor we know that they won't stop labor. I know I say it every week but I can't believe how close we are to Smith and Sanford being here. We went to the doctor today. Everything went well, just asked lots of questions. We went ahead and scheduled my c-section for 39 weeks so we know that they will be here by Tuesday April 29th unless they decide to come sooner. I think just knowing we have a set date that we won't go past makes it seem even more real.

 36 Weeks




How big is baby? As of Friday they were 6 lbs 13 oz and 6 lbs 5 oz. Big boys!

What is baby up to? Hurting their mommy. I swear my bladder gets kicked more than a worn out soccer ball on an elementary play ground. Sometimes I even feel like I need to make sure there's not a little foot sticking out down there.

Maternity Clothes? Most of them are too short but thank goodness I have one of those bands that is intended for early pregnancy to allow you wear non-maternity clothes with your non-maternity jeans unbuttoned. I just throw that baby on and it looks like a camisole. Genius!

Stretch marks? ....

Sleep? Depends. Still have my days and nights mixed up a bit so I stay up pretty late and sleep all day. I think the boys have learned my habit too because they have become really active during the middle of the night. That's when they really love to take our their tiny frustrations on my bladder. Both boys are breech so I've got 4 little feet dancing down there. 

Best moment this week? At the ultrasound when we found out they're still growing...a lot. I am so thankful that they are growing well. We went to another doctor appointment today and scheduled my c-section. Unless they decide to come sooner, the boys will be here no later than Tuesday April 29th. That's 3 weeks!! Eeek!

Miss anything? I think the biggest thing right now is I would love to be able to stand up and not feel like my entire midsection is going to fall off. 

Feeling movement yet? Constantly.

Cravings? Soda (grrr), chocolate, milkshakes, strawberry lemonade, Starbucks (decaf of course), and pretty much anything else unhealthy. Its a good thing that at this point my stomach is so cramped that I can't eat much at a time.

Food aversions? Chinese (which doesn't make sense because when I'm not pregnant, I LOVE Chinese food) and greasy food.

Started showing? LoL we went out to eat the other night with some friends. We went in a few restaurants and the wait was pushing an hour in all of them. We decided to just stay at Outback with a 40 min wait. After waiting for an hour or more, our buzzer finally went off. They took us to a booth not far from the door but when I sat down, I could barely turn to face the table. Usually I can sit at a booth pretty comfortably but this booth was tiny. We asked if we could wait for a table so we waited another 15-20 min. Finally, they came to get us and said "We have another booth that is bigger and longer. Would you like to try it?" When we got over there, the benches were the same distance from the table as the last booth. Sooooo we waited...again. Finally they sat us at a table. Yep, that was a little embarrassing lol.

Gender? Boys!

Signs of labor? Nothing yet.

Belly button, in or out? Out.

Wedding rings, on or off? Always off now. I don't even try.

Mood? Same. Moody. Anxious. Unamused. (Geez! I'm so unpleasant!)

Looking forward to...? Meeting our boys soon. It won't be long now!