Tuesday, April 15, 2014

FULL TERM! - Yay! We made it!


37 Weeks - Full Term



How big is baby? Not sure exactly but I'm sure they've grown since the last time they measured them (two weeks ago they were 6 lbs 13 oz and 6 lbs 5 oz). My belly is stretched to the max and there isn't a soft spot to be found meaning they're taking up virtually every square inch in there.

What is baby up to? I think they've slowed down a little bit probably due to lack of space. That doesn't mean things are peachy in there though. They still find my bladder and ribs and such. They may not be moving around quite as much but they make it count when they do.

Maternity Clothes? Still only have 3-4 shirts that are long enough and the non-maternity t-shirts I've been wearing the whole time when I'm just bumming around the house are down to two of Zach's Under Armor shirts that for some reason are extra long. Other than that, my belly hangs out several inches. Its pretty cute. Half the time I just pull the shirt up on top of my belly. Its much more comfy that way. Last night, Zach went to Walmart on his way home from work and bought me a couple 3X t-shirts. They are the only thing long enough lol. 

Stretch marks? Still coming. Not only does my skin on my belly feel like its stretched to the max and like it could literally tear, the boys are also pushing around near my belly button and it feels like they could just pop out. It is by far the most miserable thing ever.

Sleep? Same. Can't get comfy, wake up a lot because of said lack of comfort or to pee, napping every day, etc.

Best moment this week? Our weekend was pretty uneventful but it was nice. The weather was beautiful and we took the dogs to the park both Saturday and Sunday. They had a blast as usual and it was relaxing just sitting in the sun enjoying the peace and quiet and sunshine. I look forward to taking the boys there for walks.

Miss anything? I'm just anxious to move on to the next phase....BABIES! Being "9 months pregnant" for the last 3 months has gotten old lol. Don't get me wrong, I am MORE than thankful to have carried these boys this long. There's a lot of women who would have LOVED to have gotten to carry their child/children to 37 weeks and I am very grateful that we have been so blessed. I'm just so ready to have my babies in my arms. Being able to tie my shoes will just be a plus.

Feeling movement yet? They don't have much room in there but I still feel those jabs. Instead of internal movements, most of the jabs are visible from the outside.

Cravings? Soda (ugh), sweets, chocolate milk (Ovaltine really), strawberry lemonade (every time we go out to eat...Wendys' is the best!). I've been wanting indulgent things such as cream slushes from Sonic or Starbucks frappuccinos (decaf obviously) but there isn't a Sonic close by and Starbucks isn't very convenient (its inside Barnes and Noble) so Wendy's strawberry lemonade will have to do. 

Food aversions? Same (BBQ and Chinese).

Started showing? I'm just glad that I can now say "any day now" because it got really old telling people "10 more weeks" or "6 more weeks" etc. The looks I got were getting a little annoying. When you look like you were due a month ago and you tell them you still have 2+ months to go, they look at you like you've done something wrong. Then you have to explain to them that you're having twins and that you aren't due for another 2 months but that you could have them at any point up until then. Then they look at you with pity and tell you "Oh bless you! Better you than me." Ummm yea, it IS better me than you because I'm pretty darn pumped and my husband and I think its pretty awesome!

Gender? Boys.

Signs of labor? Not really. I've been saying for a few weeks that I can tell my body is preparing for labor but nothing definitive has happened so we'll keep waiting. **For those of you who didn't read last week's blog, I am scheduled for a c-section on April 29th unless I go into labor sooner**

Belly button, in or out? Even more out than it has been. The boys are rested right next to my belly button causing it to feel like it could completely pop out/off. Fun stuff lol.

Wedding rings, on or off? Off. Don't fit anymore :(

Mood? Comes and goes. 

Looking forward to...? Holding my boys and loving on them.

********************************************************

I wore the same shirt for last week's and this week's picture to try to see if my belly has dropped anymore. Its a little hard to tell for sure because my shirt was pulled down last week and it was bunched up a little this week. Plus the camera angle is slightly different but I think it has dropped a little. What do y'all think?


*****************************************************

I'm not going to lie, I was REALLY hoping the boys would decide to come today. Not only because I'm ready to meet my babies but also because today would have been my PawPaw's 92nd birthday. He was such a wonderful man who always knew how to make me smile and I miss him every single day. Happy birthday in Heaven PawPaw. I miss you and love you! Love, I'll always be your Shweety!