Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Single Digits!!!!!

Wow! I can't believe we only have 9 weeks to go! Well, at least until I get to 37 weeks. The doctor said if I make it that long they won't induce me until week 38 or 39. Let's see if I can make it. I would be one happy momma if they cooked for that long! 

I have been back in New Jersey for one week and have been so anxious all week to get stuff organized. I think my internal clock knows that I won't be able to "nest" for very much longer so it is urging me to get everything done. **I think I started nesting at about week 20.** I planned to buy a cheap dresser from the thrift store but had trouble finding what I wanted. I finally found a hutch at a nearby thrift store for $36 but didn't realize they had it 1/2 off so I ended up getting it for $18. Needless to say I was pretty pumped. Not nearly as pumped as Zach was to have to carry it inside with the help of a great friend, Jim (He ((Zach)) must love me a LOT). Since I got such a good deal on the "dresser" I planned to buy baskets to use as drawers. I didn't realize finding good quality, fairly inexpensive baskets would be such a daunting task. I FINALLY found some baskets tonight at Marshall's, after buying some and then getting home and realizing they wouldn't work. My sweet husband rode 25 minutes to Princeton to swap them at 7:45 tonight. I started organizing all the baby things in them tonight but I think I was too tired to get anything actually productive done. I think I put every baby item we own in every single basket at some point in the 2 hours I piddled with them. Finally I just had to put it all away and come to terms that it will just have to wait until tomorrow - at least. We are supposed to get a little bit of snow tomorrow night so maybe I'll be "snowed in" and can just nest my heart out. I am so ready to get all of their stuff organized and cutesie-fied (and yes, that IS a word). I'm sure I'll find something to piddle with to keep me busy.

28 Weeks


How big is baby? We went to the doctor Friday and Smith was 2lbs 7oz and Sanford was 2lbs 6oz. They are about 15 inches long (according to BabyCenter.com). Geez! They're getting so big!

What is baby up to? Moving, a LOT. The internet says they are blinking their eyes and fattening up.

Maternity clothes? Yep.

Stretch marks? Thankfully my belly is so big that I don't even really notice them anymore. Apparently they've all gone south for the winter.

Sleep? I don't sleep much until I have the bed to myself. I cannot sleep all confined. When Zach leaves for work is when I get my best sleep. I guess just being able to sprawl out and use as many pillows as my heart desires helps tremendously.

Best moment this week? Going to the doctor is always fun. Getting to see the boys dance on the screen makes me smile. And just being home. I was in AL for 10 days and was so ready to get back to my hubby and kids. 

Miss anything? Clear skin. This pregnancy acne is NO JOKE! I've got more zits than a teenage boy! 

Feeling movement? Let's just say that I could qualify as a belly dancer. One of my most favorite things to do is watch my belly twitch and twerk (yes, I just used twerk in a sentence). I must say though that one of my least favorite parts about them moving is when Smith decides to "kick" my bladder. Its not really an I need to pee sensation. Its more of just a really uncomfortable sensation. Plus, Sanford has taken up rib kicking and is quite talented. I get sharp pains a couple of times a day now. Even though it can be quite painful/uncomfortable, I love all the movement. It just reminds me of the miracle going on inside of me.

Cravings? My sweet tooth is in full swing (mean face) and I want to eat constantly. I have to really work to keep myself busy so I don't just munch all day long. I finally went to the grocery store today so hopefully I can find some healthier snacks - chocolate granola bars and cookies aren't exactly on my diet.

Food aversions? Same ol' Same ol'. BBQ and Chinese. Salty foods don't really do it for me either.

Started showing? I would say so when a man at the grocery store today asked when I was going to pop and when I just said "Oh, I've still got a while." and he said "What are you having? Twins?" Good guess my friend. Every time we passed each other he wished me luck lol. Sweet guy. 

Gender? Boys. And they're proud of it. Every ultrasound we have the tech asks "You know what you're having right?" and when we say yes she always says "Okay good because he's got it right out there for everyone to see." (They get it from their daddy)

Signs of labor? Nope. Hoping to keep it that way. I'm getting close to putting myself on a self-induced bed rest whether Zach likes it or not. 

Belly button, in or out? Its a somewhat sore subject (I'm not really sure why) but I think its about as out there as it can be. 

Wedding rings, on or off? Engagement ring on, wedding bands off. Why bother?

Mood? Oh geez. I do pretty good when I get plenty of rest but after days like today when I've been on my feet for hours (shopping) and I'm just wo' slap out, I tend to be on the emotional side and my patience is pretty short. Let's just say I keep Zach on his toes.

Looking forward to...? Meeting my boys! The closer it gets the more anxious I am for mid-April to be here! I can't even imagine how sweet they're going to be.