Thursday, March 6, 2014

I thought you said they would slow down by now...

It seems like I'm blogging a little more often these days. I don't know if I have more to say or if I'm just enjoying writing again. I've always been a writer whether it was a journal, a letter, or even just a grocery list. I love to write things down. I can't tell you how many notebooks I have had over the years with endless lists that really served no purpose. They were merely to give me something to jot down. My mom is a list maker as well so I'm assuming I get it from her. Thanks Mom.

I had an ultrasound this morning as well as a doctor appointment afterwards. I got into the ultrasound room and they, as usual, had me lay back on the table. Well, I realized very quickly that I wasn't going to be able to lay that way for 30-45 minutes while they checked everything out. I can't be horizontal at all without not being able to breathe. I started getting out of breath and my head started feeling like it was going to explode. Thankfully the tech noticed my discomfort and offered to let me sit up a little more. It helped a good bit but I still had trouble breathing. Once she started the exam I realized why. Not only do I have a huge uterus taking up all of my lung space but also Sanford's head is literally parked right beneath my ribs and lungs. Punk won't let me breathe! Being that there are two babies, my ultrasounds last about twice as long as most women's. I used to look forward to ultrasounds, and I still do because I'm always curious to see how much the boys have grown, but the last couple haven't been quite as comfortable so I'm not as excited to lean back on the table as I used to be. Can't they do it with me standing up lol? 

After being on the table for about 30 minutes, the tech said "Well, your babies are definitely growing well" as she chuckled. I eagerly asked her how big each of them are, knowing they had grown a good bit over the last month since my belly has just all of the sudden gotten really full feeling. Keep in mind that last month they were 2 lbs 6 oz and 2 lbs 7 oz. She said "Well, Baby A (Smith) is 4 lbs 4 oz and Baby B (Sanford) is 4 lbs 10 oz." For those of you who aren't good at math, that is almost 9 lbs of baby. I'm 31 weeks! 31 weeks!!!!! I've got more baby in there than most people have at 40 weeks. Geez, no wonder I have been so tired and achy lol. Both boys are measuring about 2 weeks ahead but the doctor said they seem to be perfectly healthy and that she would much rather them measure a little big than small. They are both within normal range (69th to 72nd percentile) so she isn't worried at all. They seem to be doing well and staying flexible. They haven't let up on all the moving but I don't mind. I love feeling (and watching) them move. I know I've said it before but I could watch my belly jump and twitch all day long. The only bad news we got was that both boys are still breach. My doctor seems optimistic that they may still turn to a head down position where I can deliver them but I'm thinking the chances of that happening are getting slimmer and slimmer. Ideally I'd like to deliver them but I much prefer healthy babies so a C-section just might be the way to go. I guess we'll see when the time comes. 

Well, I usually don't blog about baby updates until a new week rolls over but I've been in such shock today at how much they have grown over the last month that I just had to put it all down. As for now, I think I'll  get some rest. Afterall, I've got some growing boys who need their rest as well.