Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Is this real life?

Man oh man! We're getting so close to meeting our boys I almost can't stand it. When this journey started back in the fall, I honestly didn't think my body would allow me to carry them for this long. I was skeptical after reading a lot of  stories about premature births and such but now that I'm pretty far along, I truly believe I can hold out for at least a few more weeks. We, as well as everyone around us, are so ready for them to make their appearance but I really hope they will keep cookin' for at least another 2 or 3 weeks. Its not that I'm just enjoying pregnancy so much that I want to stay pregnant because that's not necessarily true (even though thinking about not feeling them moving in my tummy anymore is kind of sad to me). I just want our boys to have the best chance possible to be strong and healthy. My dream is for them to go home when I do and not have to stay in the NICU at all. I don't think I'm ready for that. With that being said, don't get me wrong, there are several times a day that I think to myself how ready I am for them to just be here already. Days like today when a simple 45 min drive to Philadelphia to drop off Zach's parents at the airport and then the 45 min ride home seem like an impossible feat. There are times when I feel as though I can't get enough oxygen into my lungs and I might just have a panic attack. Can we say "Where's the paper sack?!?"?  Three plus weeks seems like an eternity at times but then when I consider the fact that we will be parents to TWO little boys by then, three weeks doesn't seem like that long after all. I'm not going to lie, its actually kind of scary. 

We're definitely getting down to crunch time. We've been looking at potential flights for our parents and trying to coordinate all of our helpers but I think we have just about decided that there's no way to actually plan any of this so what's the point? When the time comes we'll just have to wing it. Until then, the dogs and I are focusing on getting lots of rest and just chilling. 

34 Weeks


  
(Once again the light coming through the window makes it look a little funny. Darn you daylight savings time. FYI, this is me in one of MAYBE 3-4 shirts that still fit. Everything else is too short.)




How big is baby? BIG! Not sure exactly how big but I imagine they'll be well over 5 lbs by the time we go to my ultrasound next week. My belly just keeps getting bigger and bigger every day. I can feel my skin, muscles, and ribs stretching and they seem more and more cramped every day. Won't be long now!

What is baby up to? Just practicing their soccer skills and growing a lot. I'm anxious to see how much they've both grown at my ultrasound appointment next Friday.

Maternity Clothes? I'm running out of things to wear. My belly is just too dang big. Maybe I should come out with a line of maternity clothes especially for multiples. Make everything the same size except the belly a LOT larger. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Stretch marks? Like I said in an earlier post, my belly will probably look like Kate Gosselin's before her tummy tuck. I need to talk to my doctor about maybe snipping a little extra off after my c-section (assuming these punks don't turn).

Sleep? Still just sleeping in spurts. I wake up about every hour or if I'm lucky I might sleep 2 hours at a time.

Best moment this week? Zach's parents spent a few days with us so it was nice to get to hang out with them (even though I slept most of the time...oops). 

Miss anything? My momma, good sleep, being able to breathe normally (this pregnancy congestion is no joke), no pain while walking/standing, having more than 3 shirts to wear :) 

Feeling movement yet? They're so cramped now and are moving around so much that my innards are sore. Their little legs always seem to find my bladder too. 

Cravings? Cold deli sandwiches (Jersey Mike's has become my best friend), ice cream/frozen yogurt and soda. Luckily it doesn't make sense to eat yogurt after every meal (like I'd like to) and soda doesn't quench my thirst so I don't indulge too much. My stomach is too cramped to feel like eating a whole lot these days anyways so its lots of small snacks for me.

Food aversions? Greasy fast food, Chinese. Yuck!

Started showing? If I knew how to make an annoyed face on my computer I would so do it. My belly has gotten so big and has also begun to drop a little, I have a roll now haha. Its rather embarrassing actually. You're welcome for the visual.

Gender? Silly boys!

Signs of labor?  None thank goodness. Still hoping to keep it that way for AT LEAST another 3 weeks but 5 would be ideal.

Belly button, in or out? Outty fo sho!

Wedding rings, on or off? Usually off. 

Mood? I've been pretty emotional lately. I don't know if I'm just tired or what but I've had several good cries recently. Poor Zach.

Looking forward to...? My sweet boys being here. I'm probably going to be stingy and not let anyone else hold them for a while, not even their daddy. As their mother I can do that, right? lol